Tarragon is an herb with a distinctive licorice flavor that pairs well with the tangy flavor of artichoke. Artichokes are an excellent source of fiber and tarragon adds a subtle touch of flavor to add a twist to a traditional chicken salad.
To Make the Chicken
Run frozen chicken under the faucet on a lukewarm temperature to remove the ice particles, then brush olive oil to coat the chicken. The tarragon will stick to the oil.
Chop your artichokes and either place the chopped artichokes in an oven dish, or make a foil pouch like a bowl. The latter is the method I prefer since it browns the edges of the artichokes and adds a bit of crispy crunch to the salad.
Once the chicken and artichokes are cooked, allow them to cool. Then mix the rest of your ingredients in a medium sized bowl, and chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Serve cool and enjoy!
Tarragon Artichoke Chicken Salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush olive oil over chicken breast strips.
- Sprinkle tarragon flakes over the tops of the chicken breasts and then add a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Place in oven and cook for 18-20 minutes (frozen strips) or 14-15 (thawed strips) or follow instructions for cooking on the chicken packaging
- Drain artichokes, place on a cutting board, and cut into small ½” pieces.
- Place artichokes into a small bowl with ½ tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the artichokes into the center of a 12″ square piece of aluminum foil. Pull up the sides to create a bowl around the artichokes, leaving the top open slightly for venting.
- When chicken is about halfway cooked, place the artichoke pouch in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Once cooled, place the chicken breasts onto a cutting board and chop into small ½” chunks. Then chop the celery into ½” wide pieces.
- Place the chicken, artichokes, celery, and mayonnaise into a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Serve with bread or crackers
Thanks for visiting!
Be sure to follow the blog!
Herbal Gifts we Love!